1. Written and Oral Examinations:
a. Chinese Language
Written examination of Chinese Language is required for all local Chinese applicants to the B.Th., B.C.S., M.Div.3-yr, M.A., Grad.Dip., High.Dip., Dip.T.S. and Dip.T.L. programs. Exemption is granted to the applicants who have a HKCEE Chinese Language “E” or above, or a HKDSE Chinese Language “level 3” or above.
b. English Language
Written and oral examinations of English Language are required for all applicants to the B.Th., B.C.S., M.Div., M.A., Grad.Dip., High.Dip., Dip.T.S. and Dip.T.L. programs. Exemption is granted to applicants who have a HKALE Use of English “E” or above, or a TOFEL score 550 or above, or an IELTS score 6.5 or above (TOFEL/IELTS tests score should be within 3 years).
c. Religious Knowledge
Written examination of Religious Knowledge is required for all applicants to the B.Th., B.C.S., M.Div.3-yr, M.A., Grad.Dip., High.Dip., Dip.T.S. and Dip.T.L. programs. Exemption is granted to applicants who have a theological degree.
d. Overseas applicants may be exempted from taking these examinations in advance when the administration of these examinations is not possible, or other arrangements have been made for them to take such examinations upon arrival at LTS.
e. All degree students from overseas, if their mother tongue is not English, are required to take an exam in English upon the beginning of their study, in order to determine if additional language help is necessary.
2. Psychological Test:
a. The psychological test is arranged by LTS with an assigned institution or person. Test results are used for enrollment only and kept confidential.
b. This test is compulsory for applicants who apply to B.Th./B.C.S./M.Div.3-yr programs and the programs which major in Christian Counseling.
c. Arrangement for overseas applicants taking psychological test depends on the situation.
3. Interview: an entrance interview is required for all applicants.
4. Time: to be announced in advance.
5. Place: Lutheran Theological Seminary, 50 To Fung Shan Road, Shatin, Hong Kong.
6. LTS alumni are exempt from taking the written/oral examinations, except for those who are applying for M.Th. program.
7. LTS alumni (those who have graduated within the previous 10 years) are exempt from taking the psychological test, except for those who are applying for the program in pastoral counseling.
8. LTS graduates in the study for the Diploma in Christian Counseling through Companionship: Helping Yourself and Others may be exempted from taking the psychological test if applying for Christian counseling programs.