Faced with the complex and ever-changing ministerial environment, pastors need space to reflect and study to give better ministry. LTS provides different study programs for pastors based on their interests and needs. While advancing their theology and ministerial skills, students at LTS may enjoy a serene space and rest from their busy ministry.
- Pastors willing to serve better.
- Pastors wishing for some quietness to reflect and study.
Great Program Diversity
- Provide diverse programs for pastors with different interests, needs, and available time.
- Unlike basic ministerial training (Bachelor of Theology and Three-year Master of Divinity), each Ministerial Leadership Enhancement Program has a field of emphasis, such as Biblical Theology, Systematic Theology, and Practical Theology, or in more specific areas (e.g., Counselling, Spirituality, and Diakonia in Practical Theology; Lutheran Studies in Systematic Theology).
- Advanced theological study programs for pastors are also available. Please browse for details at “Advanced Study Programs”.
Special Features and Special Programs
- LTS belongs to the Lutheran denomination and has always upheld the ecumenical spirit of the one Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. We have teaching staff and students from different denominations and cultural backgrounds. Our program contents also embrace various theological traditions. These can equip our students with a broader outlook and provide a free space for them to do theology.
- Special programs like Classical Judaism, Lutheran Studies, Diakonia, Companion Christian Counselling, and Christian Spiritual Direction not readily available elsewhere are prepared.
Quiet and Beautiful Study Environment
- Shatin and Tai Wai are busy urban districts, but LTS on the hill To Fung Shan, surrounded by the blue sky and green trees, is serene and beautiful. With its religious history and atmosphere, it is an ideal place for some quietness and theological study.
- Students are encouraged to participate and join in our wonderful worships and fellowships at LTS, which are the other privileges of studying here.