Master of Arts in Christian Spirituality
Graduation Credits 42 │ 2-6 years
The Master of Arts in Christian Spirituality degree program is to equip pastors and Christian leaders in the ministry of Christian formation. After completion, the student will acquire:
- A foundational knowledge on Christian spirituality based on Scripture, church tradition and theology in the light of recent psychological studies;
- Experiential learning to grasp the transformational dynamic in spiritual formation;
- Capacities for critical theological reflection and integration of knowledge and experience;
- Effective applications of knowledge and skills in the ministry.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an institution recognized by LTS; and
- Applicants must have been baptized for at least one year prior to application for study; and
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, and personal qualities necessary for this program; and
- The ability to engage in graduate-level study for academic pursuits and personal development.
A Master of Arts in Christian Spirituality degree holder can continue to study for the Master of Divinity / Master of Arts in specific emphasis / Master of Arts in Theology programs at LTS and credits can be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Core Course
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
CT1000 Introduction to Christian Ethics (3)
SW1002 Spiritual Formation (3)
DM2009 Dogmatics (Module A) (3)
SW2000 Paths of Prayer (3)
SW2027/PT2062 Spirituality Workshop and Silent Retreat (3)
SW2029 Ignatian Spirituality and Discernment (3)
ii) Guided Electives on Christian Spirituality (SW)
3 courses (9)
iii) Free Electives
3 courses (9)
Remarks: for a bachelor’s degree holder with a major in Christianity, a maximum of 18 credits on the foundational theological courses may be exempted.