Master of Arts in Mission
Graduation Credits 42│ 2-6 years
can be completed by taking courses solely in the evening and Saturday
The Master of Arts in Mission degree program is to equip students in carrying out and supporting mission work in other countries as well as in their home countries. After completion, students would acquire:
- The capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection regarding the mission ministry and on the relation between Christian faith and the life of people of other cultures;
- Capabilities in the design, implementation, and assessment of a holistic mission ministry encompassing proclamation, diakonia, sensitivity to cultural differences, and advocacy for social justice;
- An understanding of the various disciplines that undergird mission ministry;
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and in the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an institution recognized by LTS; and
- Previous experience in relation to the mission work of the churches or mission organizations; and
- Applicants must have been baptized for at least one year prior to application for study; and
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, and personal qualities necessary for this program; and
The ability to engage in graduate-level study for academic pursuits and personal development.
A Master of Arts in Mission degree holder can continue to study for the Master of Divinity / Master of Arts in specific emphasis / Master of Arts in Theology programs at LTS and credits can be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Core Course
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
CT1000 Introduction to Christian Ethics (3)
MC1000 Introduction to Missiology (3)
DM2009 Dogmatics (Module A) (3)
DK2019/CH2016 Diaconal Theology and Practices in History (3)
MC3009/PT3010 Cultural Exploration and Mission (3)
ii) Guided Electives on Missiology (MC)/Religion and Culture (RC)
4 courses (12)
iii) Free Electives
3 courses (9)
- A bachelor’s degree holder with a major in Christianity, a maximum of 18 credits on the foundational theological training can be exempted.
- Students from Hong Kong are required to participate in the Cultural Exploration and Mission trip, while participation by students from abroad is recommended. The expenses incurred in/ related to the trip should be borne by students. Students who cannot participate in the Cultural Exploration and Mission trip are required to take an elective instead.