Master of Arts in Mission
Graduation Credits 24 │ Full-time 1-yr │ Part-time 3-yr
The Master of Arts in Mission degree is to equip persons, whether ordained or not, who already have a bachelor’s theological degree or another bachelor’s degree with a major in Christianity, for competent leadership in carrying out and supporting mission work in other countries as well as in their home countries.
- The capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection regarding the content and processes of mission ministry and on the relation between Christian faith and the life of people of other cultures.
- Skill in the design, implementation, and assessment of a holistic mission ministry encompassing proclamation, service, sensitivity to cultural differences, and advocacy for social justice.
- An understanding of the various disciplines that undergird mission ministry.
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and in the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- A B.Th. degree or another bachelor’s degree with a major in Christianity or equivalent from an institution recognized by LTS.
If a Master of Arts in Mission degree holder continues to study for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.2-yr) at LTS, a maximum of 12 credits can be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Core Course
MC3009/PT3010 Cultural Exploration and Mission* (3)
ii) Guided Electives on Missiology (MC)/Religion and Culture (RC)
4 courses (12)
iii) Free Electives
3 courses (9)
* Students from Hong Kong are required to participate in the Cultural Exploration and Mission trip, while participation by students from abroad is recommended. The expenses incurred in/ related to the trip should be borne by students. Students who cannot participate in the Cultural Exploration and Mission trip are required to take an elective instead.