Doctor of Theology
3-9 years │ can be completed by taking courses solely in English
The Doctor of Theology degree program is an advanced academic study in the area of Christian theology. The objectives are to equip students to do research and critical theological reflection on issues and questions relevant to Asian and Global Diaspora Chinese context. The program is suitable for persons who wish to:
- Undertake an advanced level of theological study and research;
- Prepare for a career of teaching in tertiary institutions;
- Achieve a scholarly dimension to their ministry as executives on church boards, editors, publishers, writers, or pastoral leaders.
- A Master of Theology degree or its equivalent from an institution recognized by LTS, or a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in social science or human science with a master’s degree in theology from an institution recognized by LTS (additional requirements will be applied); and
- With the experience of thesis writing; and
- Have a GPA of at least 3.30 on each transcript submitted; and
- Applicants must have been baptized for at least three years prior to application for study.
- Persons enrolled in this program must have sufficient English knowledge to study at a graduate-level.
- For a student who chooses an emphasis in the area of New Testament or Old Testament, 9 credits of Biblical Greek (for NT) or 9 credits of Biblical Hebrew (for OT) are required.
Area of Emphasis
Church History and Historical Theology
Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
Worship and Liturgy
Mission and Culture