Doctor of Theology
Study Time Limit │ 9-yr
LTS, in its doctoral studies program, pays attention to the Asian context, which means that issues and questions relevant in Asia are taken into consideration. The D.Th. program is designed for:
- Persons who wish to undertake an advanced level of theological study and research.
- Persons who wish to prepare for a career of teaching in tertiary institutions.
- Persons who wish to add a scholarly dimension to their ministry as executives on church boards, editors, publishers, writers, or pastoral leaders.
- Hold the degree of M.Th., or its equivalent from an approved theological institution, or a Ph.D. degree in social science or human science (additional requirements will be applied. Please contact the Dean of Studies for details); have a GPA of at least 3.30 on each transcript submitted; and
- Submit a research proposal of no more than five pages in English or 3,000 words in Chinese, that states reasons for pursuing graduate study, a summary of academic work done in anticipation of doctoral study, and a description of the intended area of study and specialization; and
- Submit two letters of academic recommendations from professors or scholars, and one letter of reference from an appropriate ecclesiastical officer; and
- Submit a written work.
- Persons enrolled in this program must have sufficient English knowledge for study at the graduate level.
- For a student who chooses an emphasis in the area of New Testament or Old Testament, 9 credits of Greek (for NT) or 9 credits of Biblical Hebrew (for OT) are required.
Area of Emphasis
Pastoral Ministry and Leadership
Worship and Liturgy
Mission and Culture