LTS has a global perspective and a deep commitment to the global Christian Church, its ministry and educational institutions. Our students have various opportunities to participate in a number of exchange and study programs with seminaries, universities and theological schools around the world. Students who have participated in the past find these opportunities invaluable for broadening and deepening their theological perspectives and intercultural understanding. In addition to the following programs, students will be advised of other overseas study and exchange possibilities as they become available.
At various times, LTS hosts students from these and other cooperating institutions for at least one semester, so that our students are enriched by their contributions.
LTS has exchange agreements with the following universities and seminaries. As part of the exchange program, qualified students from both partners are invited to study one semester or more at the partner institution with the possibility of credits transferring back to the home institution.
- China Lutheran Seminary, Taiwan.
- DIAK program of diaconal training in Finland.
- Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany.
- Georg August University in Göttingen, Germany.
- Holy Light Theological Seminary, Taiwan.
- Lutheran School of Theology in Chicago, Chicago, USA.
- Luther Seminary, St Paul, USA.
- MF Norwegian School of Theology in Oslo, Norway.
- Protestant Theological University in Amsterdam/Groningen, the Netherlands.
- VID Specialized University, Norway.
- Westfälische Wilhelms-University in Münster, Germany.
Cooperation (Short-term Study Opportunities)
- The Swedish Theological Institute in Jerusalem, Israel, offers study courses that are available for LTS students to consider.
- Opportunities also exist to attend short-term courses arranged by the Ecumenical Institute in Strasbourg (France).