Master of Arts in Theology
Graduation Credits 60 │ Full-time 2-yr │ Part-time 6-yr
The Master of Arts in Theology degree is to equip persons for competent leadership in church and society and to become witnesses of the Gospel among neighbors, by providing both a foundation in basic theological education and flexibility for students to focus their study on particular areas. This program aims for lay leadership development for persons who work in para-church agencies or in other vocations. This program also provides solid preparation for persons who want to proclaim the Gospel abroad. It is not primarily for ordained ministry.
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and in the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- The capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection on the relation between faith, social, economic and cultural issues.
- Skills in helping to carry out Christian ministry in congregations, work environments, and society.
- A bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by LTS, and
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, personal qualities and academic record indicating the ability to engage in graduate-level study for academic pursuits and personal development.
If a Master of Arts (M.A. 2-yr) in Theology degree holder continues to study for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.3-yr) at LTS, a maximum of 30 credits can be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Biblical Theology
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
ii) Systematic Theology
CH1003 Church History I (3)
DM1000 Introduction to Christian Theology (3)
CT1000 Introduction to Christian Ethics (3)
iii) Practical Theology
CE1000 Introduction to Christian Education (3)
SW1002 Spiritual Formation (3)
WL1000 Introduction to Worship and Liturgy (3)
MC1000 Introduction to Missiology (3)
iv) Free Electives
11 course (33)