Master of Divinity with Theological Degree
Graduation Credits 72 │ 2-9 years
can be completed by taking courses solely in the evening and Saturday or taking courses solely in English
The Master of Divinity with theological degree program is to enhance pastors/ministers in their pastoral leadership. Students can have an emphasis in the study based on their ministerial context, interest, or talent. After completion, students would acquire:
- The capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection regarding the content and processes of the areas of emphasis;
- Skill in the design, implementation, and assessment of ministry in that emphasis area;
- An understanding of the various disciplines that undergird the area of emphasis; and
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity.
- This program also prepares students to study advanced programs oriented to theological or ministerial research (Master of Theology or Doctor of Ministry).
- A Bachelor of Theology degree or equivalent from an institution recognized by LTS; and
- Applicants must have been baptized for at least three years prior to application for study; and
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese; and
- Having appropriate indicators of the intellectual, personal, and vocational aptitude for leadership in the specialized area; and
- The ability to engage in graduate-level study for academic pursuits and personal development.
Area of Emphasis
Biblical Studies and Teaching*
Spirituality and Worship
Mission and Diakonia
* Prerequisite for 6 credits of Biblical Hebrew or 6 credits of Biblical Greek; otherwise, the admitted student should fulfill the requirement via the courses at LTS on an extra-credit basis.
A Master of Divinity degree holder can continue to study for the Master of Arts in specific emphasis / Master of Theology / Doctor of Ministry programs at LTS.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Courses on Area of Emphasis
10 courses on Area of Emphasis (30)
Homiletics and Biblical Teaching (BS/OT/NT/JS/LHb/LGk/HM/CE)
Systematic Theology (CH/HT/DM/CT)
Christian Counseling (CP)
Spirituality and Worship (SW/WL)
Mission and Diakonia (DK/MC/RC)
ii) Courses on Leadership (LD)
2 courses (6)
iii) Free Electives
12 courses (36)