Master of Arts in Theological Librarianship
Graduation Credits 24 │ Part-time 3-yr
The Master of Arts in Theological Librarianship degree is designed to equip students with theories and practices of theology and library science to manage theological seminary libraries.
- Train students to handle English and Chinese theological information, especially on acquisition, cataloging and classification.
- Train students to develop reader-oriented theological library services and ministries.
- Help students to understand current library automation technology.
- Develop students to face the challenges and take on the leadership role in theological libraries.
- A bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by LTS; and
- A willingness to serve seminary libraries for the long term.
This program is offered on part-time basis. It is a program of balancing theories and practices, expanding the perspectives of students and helping them to understand more mature libraries through contacts with various types of libraries in Hong Kong and China. This program is contextualized to meet the need of seminary libraries in China, but it also helps students to understand library practices in the West.
If a Master of Arts in Theological Librarianship degree holder continues to study for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.3-yr) at LTS, a maximum of 12 credits can be exempted. If the holder also has a B.Th. degree, s/he can continue to study for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.2-yr) at LTS with a maximum of 12 credits be exempted.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Guided Electives on Theological Librarianship (TL)
6 courses (18)
ii) Free Electives
2 courses (6)