Master of Arts in Christian Studies
Graduation Credits 42 │ Part-time 3-4 yr │ Evening Program
MACS degree program aims to train lay leaders in marketplace to become effective witnesses of the Gospel amidst neighbors in daily life, provides interdisciplinary courses, i.e. biblical studies, theology, history and cultures, counseling, spirituality, leadership, etc.
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- The capacity for critical and constructive theological reflection on the relation between faith, social, economic and cultural issues.
- Skills in helping to carry out Christian ministry in marketplace, congregations and society.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by LTS or equivalent; and
- Be a baptized Christian, and
- Have a personal interview.
When a graduate of MACS applies to study M.Div.3-yr or M.A.2-yr program in the Day School, a maximum of half of the credits with a grade of ‘B+’ or above could be transferred within 3 years after graduation. When a student without graduation wants to switch to Day School program, a maximum of one third of the credits with a grade of ‘B+’ or above could be transferred.
(course credits in brackets)
EBS1001 Biblical Interpretation (2)
EOT1001 Introduction to Old Testament (2)
ENT1001 Introduction to New Testament (2)
3 courses on Bible and Theology (6)
2 courses on Spirituality and Counseling (4)
2 courses on Leadership (4)
2 courses on Christian Life (4)
Free Electives (6 courses) (12)
Thematic Project (2)
4 Day-Camps (4)