Graduation Credits 36 │ Full-time 1-yr │ Part-time 2-yr
Admission to this program is suspended.
- To equip persons who seek a deeper understanding of the Christian faith.
- To help persons who want to understand more clearly God’s calling for ordained ministry.
- To prepare the M.A.2-yr, M.C.S. or other master’s degree in theology graduate for further study.
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and in the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- Study of the prerequisite courses in theological studies.
- Preparation for lay ministries in the church.
- Enhancement of self-directed research and learning skills.
- A bachelor’s degree from an institution recognized by LTS, and
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, personal qualities, and academic record indicating the ability to engage in graduate level study for academic pursuits and personal development.
If a Grad.Dip. program student wishes to apply for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.3-yr) program at LTS, without applying for the conferral of the Grad.Dip., all successfully earned credits will be counted toward that degree. A new letter of recommendation from the student’s congregation (signed by the minister-in-charge) is needed to transfer to the new program. If the Grad.Dip. is conferred, a maximum of 18 credits can be exempted in the M.Div.3-yr program. However, credits cannot be transferred to the M.A. programs. Persons with both M.A.2-yr and Grad.Dip. can apply for the Master of Theology (M.Th.) program.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Biblical Theology
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
ii) Systematic Theology
CH1003 Church History I (3)
DM1000 Introduction to Christian Theology (3)
iii) Practical Theology
CE1000 Introduction to Christian Education (3)
SW1002 Spiritual Formation (3)
WL1000 Introduction to Worship and Liturgy (3)
MC1000 Introduction to Missiology (3)
iv) Free Electives
4 course (12)