Diploma in Theological Studies
Graduation Credits 30 │ Full-time 1-yr │ Part-time 2-yr
The Diploma in Theological Studies program is to equip persons who seek a deeper understanding of the Christian faith and to help persons who want to understand more clearly God’s calling for ordained ministry. In order to know whether a student is suitable to seek ordained ministry, it is strongly suggested that the student be a resident of the campus for one year.
- Growth in personal and spiritual maturity and in the ability to be a witness for Christ in this world.
- Study of the prerequisite courses in theological studies.
- Preparation for lay ministries in the church.
- Six years of study in secondary school from an institution recognized by LTS.
- Applicants should have the interests, aptitudes, and personal qualities necessary for this program.
If a Dip.T.S. program student wishes to apply for the Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree program at LTS, without applying for the conferral of the Dip.T.S., all successfully earned credits will be counted toward that degree. A new letter of recommendation from the student’s congregation (signed by the minister-in-charge) is needed to transfer to the new program. If the Dip.T.S. is conferred, a maximum of 15 credits can be exempted in the B.Th. program.
(course credits in brackets)
i) Biblical Theology
OT1000 Introduction to the Old Testament (3)
NT1000 Introduction to the New Testament (3)
ii) Systematic Theology
CH1003 Church History I (3)
DM1000 Introduction to Christian Theology (3)
iii) Practical Theology
CE1000 Introduction to Christian Education (3)
SW1002 Spiritual Formation (3)
WL1000 Introduction to Worship and Liturgy (3)
MC1000 Introduction to Missiology (3)
iv) Free Electives
2 course (6)